Sunday, August 28, 2011

My story


I keep telling people to hear or read my story but I haven't posted it. So here it is. I pray that you can benefit from my story.
When I married my adoring husband 6 years ago I was at 170 pounds and very lazy about exercise. I didn't know anything about exercising or eating healthy during that time. During the next 5 years of our marriage I went through some very hard times hormonally, mentally and some traumatic. I had 6 pregnancies in 5 years. I was now at 199 pounds. Two of my babies I lost during my second trimester, one I gave birth to at 5 months and lost him. During the same time I lost my last baby my nephew died of a gunshot wound to his head. And just this last year we were told that my 15 year old son is diagnosed with Aspbergers and PTSD due to abuse he had suffered when he was younger and intense bullying situations in Middle School. With all of this I let myself go. I became a depressed hermit. I never went anywhere, I hated myself, I thought everyone hated me and I literally wanted to die. Most people have no idea that I was going through this because I didn't tell them. Then I met my coach Colleen, She introduced me to Shakeology and then she invited me to do Chalean Extreme with her. I had to force myself to workout the first week. I made myself get up at 5am before the kids and I told myself I was going to do this. A week later I was hooked on both. I cannot tell you how much I looked forward to my workouts every day. So much so that I would do it twice in one day at the beginning. I have now done Chalean Extreme 2 times around. My children even workout with me on some of the moves. They have their own 1 and 3 pound weights. With Shakeology the fog in your head that comes with after birth had finally gone away. The bombarding of negative thoughts in my head that I was plagued with 24/7 was gone. It took about 5 weeks to see the change in my attitude, my insides and my health. I have lost 33 pounds using Chalean Extreme and Shakeology. I still have 27 more to go but I'm passed my halfway mark and I'm thrilled. I have a ton of energy, we are even planning to climb a mountain in 5 years (hopefully Mt. Rainier). I enjoy my kids like you wouldn't believe. I am happy with my progress and with the way I look. I walk with my head held high knowing that I defeated depression with God showing me the way. I truly believe that my Lord pointed me toward my coach so I could get better. I had a hard time during all of this to read my Bible and go to God because I had thought He had left me. Which is silly because once you are His you are His forever. But when you are at your lowest emotionally you think of nothing but your own self and that is where I was. But with the help and encouragement of my BFF Liz and my coach and all my BB friends I was able to overcome my self loath and turn my eyes back to Christ and focus on Him instead of me.  I can't wait for my goal to be reached and I hope that I can help just one mom who is going through the same thing that I have been through. There is hope and we all need to help each other.
With great Appreciation to my Savior, my friend Liz, my coach for encouraging me, Shakeology and the Chalean Extreme workouts I am now really Alive and can live the way Christ wants me to live.

Love to you all,
Janice

3 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Janice and brought a tear to my eye. I am grateful too that we connected and am flattered that you would include me in your story. You will get to your goal weight and I know my life is all the more fuller knowing that you are in it.
    Hugs and Health, Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you, Janice. Just so sorry that I didn't realize what you were going through! I hope that my own daughter would be able to try this too. The cost would be the only challenge, but will pray about it. Keep up the good work, Janice. Hope to see you soon!
    Love in Christ,
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess if there is one thing (although there are more)to learn from this, is that we need to share with each other what we are going through so that we can support each other and help before things go to far. Love you Janice and so glad, God and some hard work, have healed you mentally, spiritually and physically!! Keep it up.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete